Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Cash Management Problem in E-Business Suite (Oracle E-Business Suite, 11.5.10, Windows)
Cash Management Problem in E-Business Suite [message #290708] Mon, 31 December 2007 03:35
sumer
Disclaimer: All number in the files and discussion are made up just to simulate the situation. And are in no way close or correct as per the real information in our company.

I am contacting you after reading over these articles in the Oracle Metalink: Note:211736.1; Note:274959.1; Note:108019.1; Note:202939.1; Note:400337.1; Note:96630.1

We have reversed all wrong CM journals, voided all the payments, and re-entered all payments for May-07. Once reversing and voiding was done the account for cash 1230 looked absolutely fine with only having ending balance same as beginning balance (correctly).

Now after the payments were re-entered and reconciled in the CM module, all ran very smoothly with journals posted in the correct May period. Then we ran the request in CM ‘General Ledger Reconciliation Report’(as detailed not summary) and in General Ledger ‘Account Analysis’ . Here is where we saw some problems in the final figures. I have attached a snap of the reports.

Account Analysis Report: The ending balance is incorrect by the same amount as should be in Gain/Loss (calculated by ourselves in excel). I have noticed that the ending balance is incorrect when compared to the bank statement. The difference is exactly equal to the total difference caused by the currency rate difference (calculated by ourselves in excel) in our AP module (using the Corporate rate set for the month) and the actual bank payment. What shall be done here to rectify the issue?

- Realized Gain or Loss Forex (3046) is showing wrong balance for May-07. it seems to me that any differences in reconciling system payments (converted with system exchange rate) with actual bank payments is not being sent to this account.

General Ledger Reconciliation Detail Report: Here I have couple of queries.

First. The line ‘General Ledger Cash Account Balance’ shows a different figure than the one shown in the account analysis report ending cash (1230) balance. In my simulated figures this report shows 1710.000 whereas account analysis shows ending balance as 1786.000

Second. The line ‘Unreconciled Payments’ does not show any figure. In the system there are payments with the period May-07 which were not reconciled in the bank statement. Should the total of these not be shown in the report on this line?

Third. The line ‘Unreconciled Journal Entries’ shows journals from previous months of January to April. Before May our CM module was not live and only testing entries were being done on a Dummy bank entered in the system. These journals were adding only for the testing phase and to correct mistakes made in the TESTING phase. How can I get rid of these showing up continuously in every report form now on? This is to do with the status as not being reconciled be cause these were manual journals and not CM created journals.
Previous Topic: Balancing Segment
Next Topic: TE040 script for i-procurement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:37:47 CDT 2024