Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL Loader and partitioned indexes (10g)
SQL Loader and partitioned indexes [message #276754] Fri, 26 October 2007 04:48 Go to next message
Benouchka
Hello,

I am using SQL Loader thru DataStage.

I have to load a partitioned table with partitioned index on countries. Let's say I want to load 2 countries.

What I'd like to do is to set the 2 partition of my index to unusable, then load using SQL Loader direct mode then rebuild only my two partitions of the index.

But SQL Loader set all index partitions to unusable, thus I have to rebuild all the partitions which is a drawback for performance.

Is there a way to load without setting to unusable the partitions I'm not loading into ?

I did several tests using SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES and SKIP_INDEX_MAINTENANCE but wasn't able to achieve this...

Any idea ??

Thanks and Regards,
Ben

Re: SQL Loader and partitioned indexes [message #276920 is a reply to message #276754] Fri, 26 October 2007 21:17 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>I am using SQL Loader thru DataStage.
I don't know what "DataStage" is & I am too lazy to try to look it up.
>Is there a way to load without setting to unusable the partitions I'm not loading into ?
One possible way would be to "declare" the data file to be an external table & the use SQL or PL/SQL to move the data from the file into the target table.
Previous Topic: sql loader error
Next Topic: change datafile address
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 13:48:31 CDT 2024