Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » modifying code in the apps schema (e-business Suite 11.5.10.2)
modifying code in the apps schema [message #276586] Thu, 25 October 2007 10:02 Go to next message
g8trh8tr
Are there scenarios where it's ok to modify oracle's code in the apps schema? It was my understanding that you should only be changing code in your custom schema and that making changes to the apps schema would cause you to be unsupported. I have a developer who has modified the ap_import_invoices_pkg package body in the apps schema, and he's wanting the change promoted up to our test instance (and eventually to production).
Re: modifying code in the apps schema [message #276657 is a reply to message #276586] Thu, 25 October 2007 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggr88
Hi,
There are a very small number of packages in APPS schema that are intended to provide developers to write custom logic. However, ap_import_invoices_pkg is definitely not one of these and any changes would be unsupported and overwritten by patches.
I haven't heard of anyone needing to change that package, especially since it is an Open Interface, so you already have the chance to modify data before it gets into the Open Interface tables (or while it is in the open interface tables).
Re: modifying code in the apps schema [message #276729 is a reply to message #276657] Fri, 26 October 2007 02:22 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
If you customize any package in apps schema and you have applied any patch, which contains the package, your changes will be washed off.

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Reg the Layout in the BI publisher
Next Topic: Assests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 03:06:02 CDT 2024