Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » scenario doubt (scenario doubt)
scenario doubt [message #274790] Wed, 17 October 2007 02:45 Go to next message
shruthy
Hi All

Scenario is like this

On april 1st 2005 I entered into an agreement with xyz company, to purchase goods worth one crore rupees and the agreement starts from 1st april 2005 and ends on 31st march 2010

I started purchasing required goods from that xyz company as and when required. Accordingly I raised soo many invoices against that planned purchase for the last 2yrs and paid those invoices within due time……nothing is pending

Now from april 1st 2007 onwards whatever invoices I have raised, some partially paid and some are still due

Now iam implementing ERP oracle finacials – assume that I am implementing all modules

Now as a client I ask one question:

I want all the data of that 5yr agreement, relating to what invoices I have raised and what invoices I have paid, including for years 2005-06 and 2006-07, should be brought into oracle. Otherwise part of information relating to this agreement(that is data relating to yrs 2005-06, and 2006-07) will be in legacy application and some in oracle

Now u tell me how u convert that fully paid invoices pertaining to those 2yrs into oracle

pls clarify me

thanks in advance
Re: scenario doubt [message #274828 is a reply to message #274790] Wed, 17 October 2007 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sivasubbusn
Normally in any implementation people will bring only the Open data.

In your case all paid invoices are closed data. Hope, these need not to bring into Apps.

Any other comments from other gurus..
Re: scenario doubt [message #274856 is a reply to message #274790] Wed, 17 October 2007 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
Hi,

What Siva has said is right, normally as a practice you should bring only open invoices, but in this case as you wish to bring the Open Planned PO's you can bring closed invoices raised on this PO's.

The proposed solution is work around to meet client's need.

You can enter PO in system from 2005 onwards,
once all the open balances are taken on apps, you can enter (Paid)invoices against that po and pay it again, in the description put the note as it pertains to that particular PO.
Now if you run payables accounting process your GL balances will hit. Run payables accounting process, and Journal Import, post the journals and run undo accounting script for those invoices which will reverse the journals too giving same explaination as it pertains to a particular PO.

I hope this can be of help.

Regards

Manoj
Re: scenario doubt [message #274984 is a reply to message #274856] Thu, 18 October 2007 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shruthy
thank you manoj for your reply

from your explanation i understood as follows

first of all this is very time consuming exercise as it requires manuallly entering all those po's and the corresponding invoice's
and doing all that stuff

now i ask you one thing

what i want to do is i will retain those two years i.e 2005-06, 2006-07, closed invoices data in that legacy application itself. but when i want to analyse the data of whole of the 5yrs period of purchase agreement, along with the remaining three years data i.e 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-10...............is it possible to integrate that two yrs data with the 3yrs data in anyway.......i mean some link between legacy application and oracle application
so that as and when required i can extract the required data from legacy application

pls let me know
Re: scenario doubt [message #274985 is a reply to message #274828] Thu, 18 October 2007 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shruthy
thank you siva
Re: scenario doubt [message #275132 is a reply to message #274790] Thu, 18 October 2007 07:58 Go to previous message
manojr
Hi Shruthi,

"what i want to do is i will retain those two years i.e 2005-06, 2006-07, closed invoices data in that legacy application itself. but when i want to analyse the data of whole of the 5yrs period of purchase agreement, along with the remaining three years data i.e 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-10...............is it possible to integrate that two yrs data with the 3yrs data in anyway.......i mean some link between legacy application and oracle application
so that as and when required i can extract the required data from legacy application"

This requirement itself seems to be irrational and not logical from Oracle Apps functionality point of view.
I dont knwo in which mode you are working as a client or as a functional consultant.
In this case you need to explain client that if he wishes to bring historic data, it will impact on Open GL and AP balances, at any point of time after go-live.
The possiblity of transfering this data after go live is "YES IT CAN BE BROUGHT IN ORACLE APPS"
You can take help of technical team of yours and ask them to create API to transfer this data, but you will have to be very specific that this is not recommended from the point of view of Oracle apps consultant, and can impact entire production instance.

Manoj

Previous Topic: Shell Script----Urgent
Next Topic: regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 02:52:51 CDT 2024