Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples (i need to export the all the tables in a particular user and data in that tables)
sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #273890] Fri, 12 October 2007 02:06 Go to next message
novice1
Hi ,

I need to create a sql script to take user level back up i.e i need to export the tables and data in those tables in particular user) to my pc..

i am able to do the same from unix command ,but not able to do the same in sql script

Please advice.
Re: sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #273897 is a reply to message #273890] Fri, 12 October 2007 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
There is no difference between Unix and PC.
What is your problem?

Regards
Michel
Re: sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #273922 is a reply to message #273897] Fri, 12 October 2007 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
novice1
Hi,

From Sqlplus i need to run only a sql file, that contains the code to export the user tables and data in the table from to my pc.

for example.

we can give the below code directly fro cmd prompt and it does the work.
exp oper/oper@webcen PARFILE=params.dat

but how can i give this command in a sql script .we cannot give it gives error.

My Os is windows and oracle database is 10g

please advice.
Re: sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #273930 is a reply to message #273922] Fri, 12 October 2007 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
exp is not a SQL*Plus command it is an OS one.
You have to do it at OS prompt.

By the way, telling "it gives error" does not help us to find the reason. If Oracle gives an error message maybe it is useful, so maybe it is useful you post it.

Regards
Michel
Re: sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #273937 is a reply to message #273890] Fri, 12 October 2007 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
novice1
Hi,

I found the solution.i need to invoke the cmd promt from sqlplus and run the EXP from there.

Regards
Re: sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #273949 is a reply to message #273937] Fri, 12 October 2007 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Why not directly execute exp WITHOUT calling SQL*Plus?

Regards
Michel
Re: sql command to take export of the tables and data of the tables at user level with examples [message #274741 is a reply to message #273890] Wed, 17 October 2007 01:08 Go to previous message
Arju

To run from sql*plus use "host" keyword before invoking any OS command.
Previous Topic: import using data pump
Next Topic: Dump File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 13:58:43 CDT 2024