Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me (regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me)
regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me [message #273698] Thu, 11 October 2007 06:53 Go to next message
shruthy
hai freinds

how are you?

regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me

PLS DO NOT REPLY ASKING ME TO CHECK IN METALINK AS I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO METALINK PLS PROVIDE - IF AT ALL

ANY ONE OF YOU WANT TO PROVIDE-- NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FROM METALINK

(1.) when we apply india localization patch then the following modules will change as follows

Oracle Payables ---------------------> India Local Payables

Oracle Recievables -----------------------> India Local Recievables

Oracle Purchasing -----------------------> India Local Purchasing

Oracle Order Management -----------------------> India Local Order Management

now what i want is manuals of " India Local Payables" " India Local Recievables " " India Local Purchasing " " India Local Order

which i need to go through to understand those changes in functionality

(2.) what changes are likely to take place in the standard functionality of Oracle GL,AP, AR, & CM

(3.) i have one PDF manual relating to india localization containing 95 pages which gave all set ups relating to india localization, is that

enough to read for understaning about india localization. My worry is it did not contain any information about changes takes place in

standard functionality of AP, AR, PO , OM

(4.) further when implement financials for US company what GAPS you found in oracle standard functionality for complying SOX Act ( i.e

Sarbane Oxley Act). can any one tell from your own experience

my mail id : shruthy.apps@gmail.com

thank you one and all

bye
Re: regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me [message #275138 is a reply to message #273698] Thu, 18 October 2007 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
Hi,

Coming up to your questions one by one
(1.) when we apply india localization patch then the following modules will change as follows

Oracle Payables ---------------------> India Local Payables

Oracle Recievables -----------------------> India Local Recievables

Oracle Purchasing -----------------------> India Local Purchasing

Oracle Order Management -----------------------> India Local Order Management

now what i want is manuals of " India Local Payables" " India Local Recievables " " India Local Purchasing " " India Local Order

which i need to go through to understand those changes in functionality
>>>>>
I think you have missed on patches to some extent.
there are two patches available I have not heard or seen patch for Purchasing and Order Management.
Patches are available for AR, FA and AP to the best of my knowledge.
Manuals for this can be downloaded by oracle partners from partner.oracle.com but as you told that you dont have access then its of no use.

(2.) what changes are likely to take place in the standard functionality of Oracle GL,AP, AR, & CM.

>>>>All the functions are same except the tax aspect, they have withholding tax In india we have VAT, Excise ,TDS,Sales tax etc, treatment or set ups would be the same as Standard US localization. Only you need to be keen about rounding of taxes and Creation of Tax Groups.

(3.) i have one PDF manual relating to india localization containing 95 pages which gave all set ups relating to india localization, is that enough to read for understaning about india localization. My worry is it did not contain any information about changes takes place in standard functionality of AP, AR, PO , OM .

>>>>Not required, you have altease 95 pages, when i was on site I had nothing, setups probablly mentioned in 95 pages would be more than enough, please mail me too atleast i will have it at my repository on manoj_ralegankar@yahoo.com

(4.) further when implement financials for US company what GAPS you found in oracle standard functionality for complying SOX Act ( i.e Sarbane Oxley Act). can any one tell from your own experience

>>> I have never worked on US localization so cant say
Re: regarding india localization i need some clarifications can any one pls help me [message #275541 is a reply to message #275138] Sun, 21 October 2007 08:19 Go to previous message
krishhna_ramesh
Hi,
Can you please mail me the document. My email id is krishhna_ramesh@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance
Ramesh
Previous Topic: scenario doubt
Next Topic: Apps HRMS .. Differentiate Employee and Supervisor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 02:59:49 CDT 2024