Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Who Handles creating responsibilities in your organization? (Creating Responsibilities)
icon7.gif  Who Handles creating responsibilities in your organization? [message #273243] Tue, 09 October 2007 12:32 Go to next message
loripellet@yahoo.com
I work for a very large company who is implementing Oracle financials. Currently we have our information security creating our responsibilities but they are considering having the functional analysts handle this. Is anyone else having functional analysts create responsibilities? If so what are the risks and benefits to this?

Thanks!
L
Re: Who Handles creating responsibilities in your organization? [message #273345 is a reply to message #273243] Wed, 10 October 2007 01:31 Go to previous message
pgilchrist
Hi Lori, wow you will likely get 1000's of variations on this answer and lots of headaches so nobody will reply! Wink

hey we have a very convoluted way of doing this that is painful. We had our System Integrators create all the responsibilities initially that were customized (we should have just stayed with the vanilla oracle ones).

Anyways, now our 'help desk' is responsible for doling out all responsibilities if and only if a manager of that employee asks for this. The exception is Finance responsibilities which are a bit unwieldly so our Finance manager does those herself.

So as you can imagine our help desk people have no clue what they are giving out or what the responsibilities do so they often copy them from one employee to the next.

i just culled about 500 responsibillities from people that didnt' need them.

i always thought we should have a list of the responbilities and 'what they did' so people would know what they do/don't need.

wish i could offer more insight here ..are you worried about security being breached? or that you have to train a whole bunch of people on how to allocate the responsibilities?
Previous Topic: How does everyone manage Email Distribution Lists in E-Business Suite
Next Topic: Error occured when trying to update address using API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 03:36:48 CDT 2024