Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command
Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command [message #268908] Thu, 20 September 2007 01:44 Go to next message
Rony123
Hi

Can anyone suggest me how to load data in a oracle database residing in a remote database.

The control file and data file is residing in one machine.
And I need to load it into database residing in another machine using sqlldr command.

Thanks in Anticipation.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2007 08:12] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command [message #268910 is a reply to message #268908] Thu, 20 September 2007 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can't (unless you mount your remote file system on local one) and it would be with very bad performances if you could.
Why don't you want to do it locally?

Regards
Michel
Re: Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command [message #268912 is a reply to message #268910] Thu, 20 September 2007 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rony123
We can't do it locally because all the processing is done in one machine and the database is located in another one.

Can suggest some other way to do that in automatic way and not manually.

[mod-edit] removed illiterate IM speak.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2007 08:13] by Moderator

Re: Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command [message #268930 is a reply to message #268912] Thu, 20 September 2007 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The good way to use SQL*Loader is locally.

Quote:
Can u suggest some other way to do that in automatic way and not manually.

I don't understand what is manual/automatic?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2007 02:24]

Re: Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command [message #268933 is a reply to message #268908] Thu, 20 September 2007 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rony123
Let me clear the problem.,.

There are two machines.

The data file and control file is residing in one system.The data file is created through java processing(parsing of Excel file).

But database is not residing at that machine.

We are trying to load the data into the remote database using sqlldr.
Thinking of creating a shell script which will monitor a particular directory and if found any data file load it to remote database residing in another machine.

This problem is in production environment.

In development we are loading in the local database only.

In production things has been divided.

Please help me as early as possible.

Or provide me some other way to do it without major design change
Re: Loading data in remote machine using sqlldr command [message #268950 is a reply to message #268933] Thu, 20 September 2007 03:26 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I understood it, all you have to do is to install SQL*Loader on local computer and establish connection to a database (using the correct TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA files).

Doing so, you'd be able to run (locally) something like
SQLLDR scott/tiger@remote_database control=load.ctl
Previous Topic: Conversion of Oracle database to text file (merged)
Next Topic: IMP-00010
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 07:19:47 CDT 2024