Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » AP Distribution Set API
AP Distribution Set API [message #254890] Mon, 30 July 2007 00:15 Go to next message
shilpa_sudhakar
Hi,

I need to upload AP distribution sets.

Can anybody please let me know if there is any API to do the same or do i have to write my own procedure?

Thanks and Regards,
Shilpa

Re: AP Distribution Set API [message #254978 is a reply to message #254890] Mon, 30 July 2007 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
The API's are all documented in the Oracle Payables User Guide which can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html. If there is not an API, you might want to consider using DataLoad.

In my job implementing and supporting the Oracle Financials, I frequently have the need to load large numbers of records, and frequently need to load the same (or slightly modified) data into multiple environments for Development, Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Migration, Training and Production. To do this, I make extensive use of DataLoad, which is a free download from http://www.dataload.net/

DataLoad has a spreadsheet-style user interface and anybody who has used a spreadsheet will be able to use DataLoad in minutes, and should be able to test their first load (in a TEST environment) within an hour.

DataLoad does not have all of the formulae and functions available in Excel, so what I do is build an Excel spreadsheet containing all of the data that I want, making use of all of the power and facilities available in Excel, then use the DataLoad "Import from Excel" button to copy the data into DataLoad .

The steps involved in loading data are:

1.) build your data in Excel,
2.) highlight all of that data,
3.) ALT+TAB to DataLoad ,
4.) click the "Import from Excel" button
5.) from the drop-down list, select the window that you want to load the data to (e.g. Oracle Applications),
6.) click on the "Send Data to Form" button.

Now, sit back and watch as DataLoad loads all of your data through Oracle Forms with all of the normal validation that would be done just as if you had keyed it in yourself.

Note that you select the window that you want to send the data to. This need not be Oracle, so DataLoad can be used for entering data into any application that has a Windows GUI interface. Functional Consultants:- if you have used DataLoad to load items such as Segment Values, and you want to document those in your BR100, it is very simple to write a new DataLoad to take the same Excel data and load it into Word. Sheet1 = Raw Data, Sheet2 = Dataload for Oracle (reading raw data from Sheet1), Sheet3 = Dataload for BR100 (reading the same raw data from Sheet1, but with different keystrokes).

As well as the free version, there is also a Professional version, which uses the Oracle Forms "Record" and "Playback" functionality, which runs on the server and is a lot faster than the Classic version (which uses Windows Cut and Paste). Using the Professional version, I have loaded Cross-Segment Validation Rules at the rate of just over 7,100 elements per hour (or almost 2 elements per second).

Although I have no commercial connection with DataLoad , I am a moderator on the DataLoad Forum, and I will do my utmost to help any new users to get started.

Cool HTH

David
Re: AP Distribution Set API [message #255326 is a reply to message #254890] Tue, 31 July 2007 07:27 Go to previous message
shilpa_sudhakar
Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

I wrote a pl/sql procedure and it worked fine.
Next time will try the DATALOAD.

Thanks and Regards,
Shilpa
Previous Topic: Oracle Apps Finance Module
Next Topic: validating against APPS and set FND_GLOBAL.EMPLOYEE_ID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 03:06:59 CDT 2024