Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Parent/Child request
Parent/Child request [message #254081] Wed, 25 July 2007 13:08 Go to next message
Safeeq.S

Hi,

I have a concurrent program which is a SQL file and this sql file internally calls another concurrent program (shell program) to load data into a temp table using sql loader commands using FND_Submit.request. The parent(sql) and the child program (shell program) are gets completed at that the time but i want the child request to be completed first as it will save some data into a temp table and then the parent request can manipulate that data.

Can someone help me on this please.
Re: Parent/Child request [message #254085 is a reply to message #254081] Wed, 25 July 2007 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Safeeq.S

I did tried using the fnd_concurrent.wait_for_request but the parent program keeps running for a long time without invoking the child request.

If run these programs seperately it hardly takes few seconds to complete.
Re: Parent/Child request [message #254216 is a reply to message #254081] Thu, 26 July 2007 03:34 Go to previous message
Safeeq.S

Hi,

I had found the issue with the code. I have missed to add a commit statement after submitting the request.

v_request_id := FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST('EXEL','EXLVENDORSH');
commit; /* which caused me the problem */

Thanks
Safeeq

Previous Topic: need help
Next Topic: Requisition Import to create different requisitions for each Supplier based on Sourcing Rules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 02:20:27 CDT 2024