Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Error Message..plz correct
Error Message..plz correct [message #253205] Mon, 23 July 2007 02:35 Go to next message
swapnika
Hi all,

Iam geting an eror mesgae when I was about to approve a purchase requisition.The error message screenshot in enclosed as an attachment.

plz explain the solution in dtail.

Swapnika.
  • Attachment: Doc2.doc
    (Size: 71.00KB, Downloaded 1873 times)
Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253223 is a reply to message #253205] Mon, 23 July 2007 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do not attach DOC, XLS and similar files which are potentially dangerous. You'd better attach a screenshot itself (choose a compressed format, such as JPG (instead of BMP)).
Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253356 is a reply to message #253223] Mon, 23 July 2007 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmax13
This seems (to me) like a corruption of the PO Req Approval workflow. Have you made any changes to it ?.

You could try 'force' loading it again from $PO_TOP/patch/115/import/US/poxwfrqa.wft as well as run in and recompile the PO_REQAPPROVAL_INIT1 package again from $PO_TOP/patch/115/sql.

Regards
Thomas.
Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253486 is a reply to message #253356] Tue, 24 July 2007 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnika
Thanx Thomas,

Can you plz detail me the process of doing...Let me tell the issue from starting..Am practising at home...the default operations/welcome is working properly..and am able to approve purchase requisitions from there.

I have designed my own multiorg and was doing this attempt where am struck...I hav little knowledge abt patches and sql...can u provide me a simpler solution.

Regards,

Swapnika.
icon3.gif  Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253490 is a reply to message #253486] Tue, 24 July 2007 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arun1203

Hi,

As Thomas said you can load the work flow files once again or just try the following solution.

If 'Workflow Startup Process' field for the respective document you are creating is not 'PO Approval' then do the following steps on your test system

1. Run 'Replicate Seed Data' concurrent program.

Navigation:

System Administrator>Requests>Replicate Seed Data

2. For the respective document you are creating select 'PO Approval' from the List of Values in the 'Workflow Startup Process' field.

Navigation:

Purchasing Super User-->Setup>Purchasing>Document Types

Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy
Oracle Apps Techno Functional Consultant,
arunapps@gmail.com,
mobile:0026771287234
Cool
Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253493 is a reply to message #253490] Tue, 24 July 2007 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnika
Hi Arun,

Thanks for a prompt reply..but am not understanding what

"If 'Workflow Startup Process' field for the respective document you are creating is not 'PO Approval' then do the following steps on your test system"

Iam not using any approval hierarchy.

What shud I select in doc types in purchasing under purchsing responsibility.

Swapnika.
Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253605 is a reply to message #253490] Tue, 24 July 2007 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnika
Hi Arun,

When I selected "startof approve requisition process" from 'Workflow Startup Process' dropdown field.The status of requisition changed to "in process".

I havent created any hierarchy..so why is it showing as inprocess.

I have now changed the the dropdown to "approve and forward requisition", the requisition status now got changed to pre-approved..with which am not able to create a PO from autocreate....(Nav-purchaseorder/autocreate).

How will I get the status as approved...

I think am going wrong somewhere in creating purchase requisition document...

If you can send me the correct screenshots of 1)purchase requisition document and 2)Purchase order document...it will be of great help since am struck here...

Am working on p2p cycle after setting up multiorg in my system.

Regards,

Swapnika Rao.
icon3.gif  Re: Error Message..plz correct [message #253707 is a reply to message #253605] Tue, 24 July 2007 12:10 Go to previous message
Arun1203

Hi,

Yesterday I’ve got a little time which I used to diagnose the problem you are facing on my Vision Instance and found a solution.

Let me explain it in detail step by step.

For the error message which you have mentioned i.e.,

Start_WF_Process-PO_REQAPPROVAL_INIT1.Start_WF_Process.In exception handler:ORA-20002:3108:Root process could not be determined for item'REQAPPRV/56629-148786.There may be a problem with item type selector function, or you be require to supply a starting process name.

The solution is as follows:

1. Purchasing Vision Operations (USA)-->Setup-->Purchasing-->Document Types

Follow the above navigation and select the document type as ‘Purchase Requisition’.

After selecting the Purchase Requisition ensure the following setups:

Approval Workflow: PO Requisition Approval

Workflow Startup Process: Main Requisition Approval

Autocreate Workflow: PO Create Documents

Autocreate Workflow Startup Process: Overall Document Creation/Launch Approval

After ensuring the above setups you create a new Purchase Requisition and when you are about to approve the Purchase Requisition select the following check boxes and click on ‘OK’ button.

1. Submit For Approval
2. Forward
When you select the check box ‘Forward’ the following fields gets populated automatically:
i. Forward From
ii. Approval Path
iii. Forward To

Note: Swapna here you need to note down the name of the person appearing in ‘Forward To’ field.
Query the name of this person in the users form of System Administrator Responsibility.
Change the password to some thing which you can remember.

I have seen that the person name is ‘Baker, Catherine’.
Then I have queried this particular person and changed the password to ‘Oracle’.
I’ve noted down the user name which was ‘CBAKER’.

Once you submit your document the status of the Requisition will be ‘Pre-Approved’.

The reason why it is in ‘Pre-Approved’ status is as follows:

In the document types window of Purchase Requistion you have selected the check box ‘Owner Can Approve’.

Since you have selected this check box it is in the status of ‘Pre-Approved’ as soon as you have submitted your document for approval.

Now logon to vision with user name CBAKER and enter the password which you have changed.

Go to notifications summary ,there you will see the requisition which you have created and submitted for approval.
Select that requisition and click on Approve button.

Now query the requisition in your requisitions summary window.
The status will be approved.

Follow the steps which I have mentioned and let me know whether the problem has been solved or not.

If you have any more doubts post them on the forums so that respective members can share their knowledge.

Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy,
Oracle Apps Techno Functional Consultant,
arunapps@gmail.com,
mobile:0026771287234.

Previous Topic: Installation of Oracle Apps
Next Topic: Can any body help me out, Changing the value set of Descriptive Flex Field Segment.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 03:13:56 CDT 2024