Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » create inventory items with a new material account
create inventory items with a new material account [message #248729] Sun, 01 July 2007 01:47
Abeer30
hello,

I was told that we have to setup a new inventory organization if a new item is added to to inventory that must be accounted in a different material account.

I have done the following to create the new organization:

1. Define Organizations Setup | Organizations | Organizations
I have created it as an inventory organization but as it has the same location as the the old one I had the following error message (APP-PER-52367: This Location Is Not Valid for This Inventory Organization). I followed the metalink paper to solve it:Setup->Organization->Locations->Other Details: remove the Inventory Organization entered and save
i was wondering if this solution has side effects on the setup.

2. Define Organization Parameters Setup | Organizations | Organizations
in the "costing info" tab I have changed the material account to the new one.
in the "inter-org info" tab I have change the intransit inventory account to the new one

3. Define Receiving Options Setup | Receiving | Receiving

4. Define Subinventories Setup | Organizations | Subinventories

5. Open Accounting Periods Accounting Close Cycle | Inventory Accounting Periods

The steps from 3 to 5 I have followed exactly the old organization info and steps.

We have been testing it on the test instance, but i was wondering if I missed a step in the setup.
Can you help me please.

Previous Topic: Report generates no output
Next Topic: gap areas in GL AP and AR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 02:51:04 CDT 2024