Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Business Group and Sets of Books
icon5.gif  Business Group and Sets of Books [message #247562] Tue, 26 June 2007 06:49 Go to next message
der func meister
Can anyone tell me if it is possible for 2 Business Groups to share a single Set of Books?

My client has added a new company to its 11.5.10.2 instance, but requires HR data to be unique to each company. This is true for iProcurement where the add approvwer function will show employees from the other operating unit (which they definitely don't want.

I have created a new BG, new OU, new INV org, and various responsibilities, but when I create an employee I can't attach it to the Set of Books.

In Receivables I get an error when I try to access transaction sources

I have set the following profiles for each new responsibility:

HR:Business Group
HR:Security Group
MO:Operating Unit

GL:Set of Books Name is already set at Site Level, and I selected it for the new Responsibility

I can see nothing in the user guides or on the net (including Metalink) which states that you cannot share a single SOB. All documentation relates to using more than one SOB (eg USD, EUR)

Any help would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 June 2007 06:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Business Group and Sets of Books [message #247838 is a reply to message #247562] Wed, 27 June 2007 06:17 Go to previous message
der func meister
I solved the issue I had.

The answer to my question is Yes, 2 Business Groups can use 1 Set of Books.
Previous Topic: invoice validation error
Next Topic: To cancel a order(Api)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 03:00:49 CDT 2024