Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Requisition Import to create different requisitions for each Supplier based on Sourcing Rules
icon9.gif  Requisition Import to create different requisitions for each Supplier based on Sourcing Rules [message #243459] Thu, 07 June 2007 06:15 Go to next message
ashikan
Hi,

My client requires that requisitions be created based on the blanket PO per item...

So, if there are split contracts for a particular item (eg in sourcing rules, if there are 2 different suppliers each with an allocation percentage, Oracle should create a requisition for each supplier when the requisition import is run and not only for the supplier with a ranking of 1 as it does by default)

Is there any way of doing this other than customizing the requisition import program..?

Thanks alot.
Re: Requisition Import to create different requisitions for each Supplier based on Sourcing Rules [message #243669 is a reply to message #243459] Fri, 08 June 2007 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dip_m1
Set the rank of both the suppliers as 1, with the respective allocation percentages. Two things here :-

(1) For you to be able to Assign the sourcing rule to any given item, each rank should have an aggregate 100%.This makes the Sourcing Rule, Planning Active (checkbox is checked).

(2) The system will look for the Rank 2 supplier only if due to some reason (processing lead time,capacity,etc) rank 1 supplier is not able to satisfy the demand.

In case of any further concern, let me know what is your Sourcing Rule structure and the assignment set.
Re: Requisition Import to create different requisitions for each Supplier based on Sourcing Rules [message #244308 is a reply to message #243669] Tue, 12 June 2007 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chanduapps
Gud going Dipanjan !!!
Re: Requisition Import to create different requisitions for each Supplier based on Sourcing Rules [message #254589 is a reply to message #244308] Fri, 27 July 2007 04:12 Go to previous message
ashikan
Hi there,

I have tried your solution, but I'm not sure if I have described the problem correctly or I might have missed something...

This is what we have set up:

When setting up the sourcing rules for an item, in the 'Shipping Organization' frame, we set the type as 'Buy from' (and not 'Transfer to'), then we enter the 2 supplier names, both suppliers have an allocation percent of 50% and a ranking of 1.

The 'Planning Active' checkbox is checked!

I have attached a screen shot of our setup.

Is this correct? Our aim is when the requisition import program runs, it should create 2 purchase orders for each supplier with the relevant percentage of the order...

Thank you in advance,
Ashika.
Previous Topic: Parent/Child request
Next Topic: Need help on FND_MESSAGE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 02:53:46 CDT 2024