Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Is It Possible to Change an Operating Unit (OU) for existing Inventory Org
Is It Possible to Change an Operating Unit (OU) for existing Inventory Org [message #241752] Wed, 30 May 2007 09:50 Go to next message
jayaharan76

Hello All

Need a clarification for the following scenario

Operating Unit 1 (OU1) has 3 Inventory orgs say M1, M2 and M3 and Operating Unit2 (OU2) has 3 Inventory orgs say S1,S2 and S3

OU1 & OU2 has different Set Of Books (SOB) and Legal Entity (LE)

Now Is it Possible to change the Operating Unit(OU) for Inventory Org S3 from OU2 to OU1

If Possible,What are all the INV Setup requirement needed ? also
what are all the financial impacts ?
Would appreciate if anyone throw light on this scenario

Thank you
Jayaharan K
jayaharan76@yahoo.com

[Updated on: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

icon6.gif  Re: Is It Possible to Change an Operating Unit (OU) for existing Inventory Org [message #241802 is a reply to message #241752] Wed, 30 May 2007 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arun1203

Hi Jayaharan,

You posted a good question.

Iam not an expert to comment on your question but yes I do have some good knowledge on this which I want to share with you.

So you have two operating units OU1 and OU2.

So lemme take you through the setups one need to do for defining Inventory Organizations.

The steps are as follows:

1. Create Responsibilities for two different operating units.

2. Then assing the MO:Operating Unit profile option for the created responsibilities.

In your case you will create two responsibilites say
Rep 1 for OU1 and
Rep 2 for OU2.

Then you will assign the operating unit OU1 for Rep 1 and OU2 for Rep 2 by using the profile option MO:Operating Unit.
Then you will start setting up the Inventory Organizations by using these responsibilities.

So all the setups which are done using these responsibilities will fall under their respective operating units.

Means Rep 1 will have inventory organizations M1,M2,M3 and Rep2 will have inventory organizations S1 ,S2,S3.

And later when you try to change the operating units ,you have to change the operating units at the responsibility levels.

So when you change the operating units at the responsibility level you dont have an option to restrict them only for a particular inventory organization.
All the inventory organizations associated for a particular responsibility will get changed.

And according to me after doing the setups it is not a good idea to change the operating units as their will be a data inconsistency.
By saying this what exactly I mean is
" let us say you have two responsibilities under ou1 which are
1. Inv Super User
2. Gl super user.

now when you change the operating unit of Inv Super User to ou2 then you can no more post your transactions into GL super user under ou1.
It will automatically get directed to GL super user under ou2."

so like this there will be many issues needs to be addressed before changing the operating unit.

I kindly request members to comment on my answer and also I request you to post your comment by mapping my explanation to the real time scenario you are facing.

Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy Cool
Re: Is It Possible to Change an Operating Unit (OU) for existing Inventory Org [message #241833 is a reply to message #241752] Wed, 30 May 2007 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
jayaharan76 wrote on Wed, 30 May 2007 20:20
Hello All

Need a clarification for the following scenario

Operating Unit 1 (OU1) has 3 Inventory orgs say M1, M2 and M3 and Operating Unit2 (OU2) has 3 Inventory orgs say S1,S2 and S3

OU1 & OU2 has different Set Of Books (SOB) and Legal Entity (LE)

Now Is it Possible to change the Operating Unit(OU) for Inventory Org S3 from OU2 to OU1

No

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Re: Is It Possible to Change an Operating Unit (OU) for existing Inventory Org [message #241834 is a reply to message #241802] Wed, 30 May 2007 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Arun,Jayaharan

Have look at Note:76440.1 which describes Organization Setup Step in detail.

HTH
Prashant Pathak
Re: Is It Possible to Change an Operating Unit (OU) for existing Inventory Org [message #269336 is a reply to message #241833] Fri, 21 September 2007 13:51 Go to previous message
jayaharan76

Hello All

This is about changing the Operating Unit(OU) for the Existing Inventory Organization

After a 3.5 months, we have done it. Yes It is Possible! The Particular Inv Org Successfully Gone Live recently.

Have changed the Material valuation Accounts in All subinventories In Inventory.

When using Standard Costing method, the Material Valuation Account can be changed at the Subinventory level if there are no records for the organization in the table MTL_ONHAND_QUANTITIES, MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE and
MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP and there are no uncosted transactions for the organization (or) create a new subinventory, change the new accounts (Accounts defaulted from Org Parameters)-- so One caution, whenever you create a new subinv change the a/c -- so all Inventory Transaction will consider new accounts.

Purchasing: Customize the Account generator to default the new account.

Refer Oracle Metalink ID: 158720.1

For Further Info regarding Mfg Modules,OM modules Setup change, pls send a mail to: Jayaharan76@yahoo.com

Thanks
Jayaharan Krishnamurthy

Previous Topic: AP check printing on BLANK CHECK STOCK - Client is in US
Next Topic: Need OM Setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 03:38:01 CDT 2024