Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » errbuf & retcode
errbuf & retcode [message #237521] Mon, 14 May 2007 14:06 Go to next message
kuda.oracleapps@gmail.com
I have a function that I want to included within Oracle Apps. My question is when I create the function would I need to included parameters errbuf & retcode as in the following
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION my_function
(errbuf OUT NOCOPY VARCHAR2,
retcode OUT NOCOPY NUMBER)
....code....

end my_function;
I guess I want to know whether the errbuf & retcode parameter will apply to functions being registered within Oracle Apps.

Re: errbuf & retcode [message #237546 is a reply to message #237521] Mon, 14 May 2007 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Your stored procedure concurrent program is restricted to 100
parameters in addition to the first two parameters, which are required and must be specified exactly as errbuf and retcode.(You
must take these two parameters into account when you create your
stored procedure.) Use errbuf to return any error messages, and retcode to return completion status. The parameter retcode returns 0 for success, 1 for success with warnings, and 2 for error. After your concurrent program runs, the concurrent manager writes the contents of both errbuf and retcode to the log file associated with your concurrent request.
Re: errbuf & retcode [message #237727 is a reply to message #237521] Tue, 15 May 2007 09:36 Go to previous message
mailatgks
Actually errbuf & retcode is the mandatory parameter's while ur going for the concurrent submission, its not based on the function, its applicable for the PL/SQL objects

errbuf gives u the error message and retcode returns the status of ur concurrent program
Previous Topic: Oracle Apps 11i Installation
Next Topic: Validating ORG_ID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 11:43:44 CDT 2024