Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Fusion --Skill Set Required?
Oracle Fusion --Skill Set Required? [message #236399] Wed, 09 May 2007 20:38 Go to next message
srinivasocp
HI All,

This would be the question most of you are willing to ask?
For Oracle Fusion and Oracle E-Business Suite,should we require the knowledge of Java/J2EE. Unlike the Previous versions of Oracle E-Business Suite where oracle used to support Forms 6i and reports 6i,the skill of PLSQL and D2K is enough to code for Oracle Applications .But it is now said that oracle Fusion and Oracle E-Business suite(latest Versions) requires sound knowledge of Java/J2EE.

So what is the future of PLSQL,Forms & Reports developers?Should we have to learn Java/J2EE to survive in the Market.If the answer is YES then it would be a serious problem of learning some alien technology for all Forms and Report developers?

Please give a detailed answer as this would help most of us clear our doubts.

Regards
Srini...

Re: Oracle Fusion --Skill Set Required? [message #236442 is a reply to message #236399] Thu, 10 May 2007 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Srini,

Fusion Applications will not be built using Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports or Oracle Workflow. It will be replaced by JDeveloper/ADF/Java, XML Publisher and BPEL. I am a bit uncertain about the future of PL/SQL for use in concurrent programs, but Oracle has been hinting that Fusion Applications might be able to use other RDBMS's than Oracle, in which case there will not be much of a need for it either.

The good news is that as long as you know the fundamentals of programming rather than just how to program in PL/SQL, the jump should not be a huge problem -- especially not when it comes to XML Publisher and BPEL. ADF seems a bit daunting to begin with though.

ADF or rather its sibling OAF is increasing its presence in the Oracle E-Business Suite. In R12 almost all self-service web appliations have been written using OAF and Oracle has also written OAF versions of some previously Forms based applications.

In R12 there is also a lot of XML Publisher reports.

This means that you should be able to get some experience with JDeveloper and XML Publisher before your Forms and Reports knowledge expire.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Oracle Fusion --Skill Set Required? [message #236607 is a reply to message #236442] Thu, 10 May 2007 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orappnewbie
Hi Srini,

can you please tell me which are course which are connected to oracle application EBS available from Oracle Education.

I tried looking into Education.oracle.com com...none of the course tag says ADF/XML publisher or BPEL.

can you please point to specific course which can be taken up from Oracle Education.

Orappnewbie
Re: Oracle Fusion --Skill Set Required? [message #237833 is a reply to message #236442] Tue, 15 May 2007 22:46 Go to previous message
srinivasocp
HI adragnes,

Thanks for your time and advice. I think i should learn Java to survive in the Market.

Regards
Srini...

Previous Topic: Oracle Shop Floor Management Overview!!
Next Topic: Plz Provide PO Module faq's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 12:19:45 CDT 2024