Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to know the tablespaces from EXP dump
How to know the tablespaces from EXP dump [message #216786] Tue, 30 January 2007 06:49 Go to next message
sreehari
Hi all

I have a database dump file(done by EXP) say dump1 which is taken from a database mydb which have tablespaces namely
T1,T2,T3..

When i try to import that dump into another instance which do not have the above mentioned tablespaces..

In such scenario, will the import process be successful or do we need to create those tablespaces before we do import?

if we need to create those tablespaces prior to import, how can we know the tablespaces exist in the database dump..

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Re: How to know the tablespaces from EXP dump [message #216787 is a reply to message #216786] Tue, 30 January 2007 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> will the import process be successful
A full import will try to create those tablespaces again with the same path (for datafiles).
If the same path does not exist/other issues, your tablespace creation will fail and your
subsequent import operations will fail also.
It is better to create those tablespace forehand.
>>how can we know the tablespaces exist in the database dump
Do a dummy import.
imp user/pass file=myfile.dmp full=y show=y log=somefile.log

Above will not actually import anything. Instead the DDL will be dumped into somefile.log.
Look into somefile.log for tablespace specifications.
Re: How to know the tablespaces from EXP dump [message #216791 is a reply to message #216787] Tue, 30 January 2007 07:18 Go to previous message
sreehari
Thanks..i got it.
Previous Topic: IMPDP: How to update table, if primary-key already exists?
Next Topic: problem with import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 21:21:36 CDT 2024