Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL*loader adds .dat to the default filename
SQL*loader adds .dat to the default filename [message #196525] Thu, 05 October 2006 15:53 Go to next message
talam
Hi,

I am trying to load multiple files into a table using sqlldr. The files I have do not have an file extension (e.g. filename= sales_data1, sales_data2, sales_data3 ....)

When I execute the sqlldr command, oracle (for some reason) adds .dat to all the files it tries to load from the directory and then gives an error
"sales_data1.dat" is not found

How can I force sqlldr not to add .dat to these file names. In other words is it possible to make sqlldr just read the original file name and not add .dat extension to the data file when it tries to load it?

Thanks
Tony
Re: SQL*loader adds .dat to the default filename [message #196531 is a reply to message #196525] Thu, 05 October 2006 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nirmala
I dont think you can specify a filename without extension in a control file. If there is any i would be happy to know what it is..why dont you rename all your data files before loading them. if you are in windows you can use rename to rename all the files

rename sales_data* sales_data*.dat

Re: SQL*loader adds .dat to the default filename [message #196580 is a reply to message #196531] Fri, 06 October 2006 01:00 Go to previous message
Frank
Use data=file_name.
so, add the dot to the filename, indicating there is no extension.
Previous Topic: Views invalidated on import why?
Next Topic: Export Script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 06:57:38 CDT 2024