Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export using Parameter file and then ( Cron Job )
Export using Parameter file and then ( Cron Job ) [message #194827] Mon, 25 September 2006 09:52 Go to next message
faiz_hyd
hi all

I want to submit a cron job from my OS "Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.7 " and
DataBase version Oracle 9.2

I want to create a parameter for full schema export , and submit this as a cron job

my path where dump files are there on server is "/export/home/oracle/dmp> "
Every monday morning-10 a.m

In the parameter file it is like this

rm SCHEMA_LAST_3_weekOLD.dmp -- remove last 3 weeks old dmp file because we want to keep 3 dmp at a time then start export

exp user=scott/tiger file=SCHEMA_THIS_MONDAY_DATE.dmp(eg:- SCOTT_25SEP2006.dmp) log=SCHEMA_THIS MONDAY DATE.log

Please help in building the parameter file, passing dynamic monday date and as well as the removing the
last third monday for example

as on 9/25/2006 it will have these 2 files plus today's dmp
"Sep 11 09:13 DBC_09SEP06.dmp
Sep 18 08:43 DBC_18SEP06.dmp"

Thanks
Re: Export using Parameter file and then ( Cron Job ) [message #194890 is a reply to message #194827] Tue, 26 September 2006 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oracledba_raja
>I want to submit a cron job from my OS "Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.7 " and
>DataBase version Oracle 9.2

Hi,
if you want to do housekeeping by crontab, you can use

00 09 * * * find /oracle_home/SID/exportdumpfiles/* -mtime 3 -exec rm { } \

In the above example, it will find the 3 day old files in the directory /oracle_home/SID/exportdumpfiles and remove automatically on every morning around 9am.

You just try it in a test directory and make yourself familiar well then apply it in production.

Thanks.

Regards,
Raja
Re: Export using Parameter file and then ( Cron Job ) [message #195831 is a reply to message #194890] Mon, 02 October 2006 12:34 Go to previous message
faiz_hyd
Hi,

I have one more question on export/import,

While taking export/import we want to stop all the schedule jobs we submitted through DBMS_JOBS from running so as to maintain consistency, since we have jobs which collect stats / Purge Data (hourly ) (daily ) (date wise ) / Purge Partition table Data/

and once import is done how can we start those jobs again.

How can i do this, Oracle version 9i Rel 2.

Thanks
Previous Topic: questions about Export and emport
Next Topic: selective csv file loading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 06:40:27 CDT 2024