Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » problem while importing a dump with no rows
problem while importing a dump with no rows [message #186562] Tue, 08 August 2006 09:03 Go to next message
grk28
Hi Frnds,

I have exported a dump with rows= none option ,now when i am importing the same into a new user it is not responding but the datafile size is increasing rapidly. I am just wondering why this is happening.

Can any one of you help me in any way ?

Immediate help would be appreciated.

Is there any other way to achieve the same ?

Thanks in advance,
GRK
Re: problem while importing a dump with no rows [message #186613 is a reply to message #186562] Tue, 08 August 2006 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
What datafile is increasing rapidly?

Even an export with no data in it will create object with INITIAl extents, and if you tablespace is AUTOEXTENSIBLE and your object have INITIAL extents of say 50Mb each, you will see the datafiles containing the tablespace increasing.
Re: problem while importing a dump with no rows [message #186670 is a reply to message #186613] Wed, 09 August 2006 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grk28
Hi Joy,

Thanks for the response.

The .dbf file which is created for the user into which i want to import the dump is increasing.This tbs is autoextensible ,as you said about INITIAL extents but here the size of file is reaching values in GBs,if what you said is the case what should be the approximate size of the file whn the exporting is done with rows = none??

And more thing is there any other way to achieve the same.

I don't have in depth knowledge in DBA,if i am wrong anywhere in anyway please correct me.

Regards,
GRK
Re: problem while importing a dump with no rows [message #186773 is a reply to message #186670] Wed, 09 August 2006 07:54 Go to previous message
joy_division
The size of the export is very small if you use no rows, but the DBF files during import can grow to hungreds of gigabytes if you have hundreds of thousands of tables and indexes that get created during the import with large INITIAL extents.
Previous Topic: daily incremental loading
Next Topic: 10g Windows expdp with sys.utl_file error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 06:24:12 CDT 2024