Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » value set problem
value set problem [message #179153] Mon, 26 June 2006 02:02 Go to next message
lakshmi surya ram

hi,

If a value set is assingned to two different segments,while assigning the values to them,the same deploys for the latter segment as if the prior one.

in which scenerios of real time we are going to use same value set for all the segments?

thanx in advance,
surya
Re: value set problem [message #179216 is a reply to message #179153] Mon, 26 June 2006 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
If you have many companies in your organisation, and they trade with each other, it might be that you design your Accounting Flexfield with two segments relating to company. The first of these two segments (normally called the Company segment and frequently the first segment of the AFF) will have the segment qualifier "Balancing Segment". The second of these two segments might be called Intercompany, or something like that. Both segments will use the same Value Set to validate the values entered/selected for the Company.

For example, if company 27 sells some goods to company 35, then the entry in their books will have 27 in the Balancing Segment and 35 in the Intercompany segment. When the other company receives the invoice, they will enter 35 in the Balancing Segment and 27 in the Intercompany segment. Thus it is easy to check that each company's sales to every other company matches the corresponding company's purchases from them. The same is true for Intercompany Payables and Receivables.

Although it is possible that the same concept could be carried into the Cost Centre segment, I think that this is quite unlikely to be a requirement.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a scenario where you would use the same Value Set to validate the Natural Account in two seperate segments in the same AFF (but no doubt somebody, somewhere will think of one).

Cool HTH

David.
Re: value set problem [message #179329 is a reply to message #179216] Mon, 26 June 2006 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

thanks a lot david
Re: value set problem [message #179384 is a reply to message #179329] Tue, 27 June 2006 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Cool No problem. Glad I could help.
Re: value set problem [message #282906 is a reply to message #179153] Sat, 24 November 2007 23:13 Go to previous message
dhaimes
It is recommended to define an Intercompany Segment - I have a blog post detailing this and warning of an example in the apps vision data that you should probably not follow

http://davidhaimes.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/intercompany-segments-and-vision-demo-data/

Previous Topic: FAQs - Financials
Next Topic: Automatic Interunit accounting??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:29:38 CDT 2024