Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to gather the latest trace file info and insert into a table through forms?
How to gather the latest trace file info and insert into a table through forms? [message #177321] Wed, 14 June 2006 03:21 Go to next message
mitho_lal

Hello,

Hope all of the members in this forum are fine.
Regarding tracing of SQL, I would like to have the latest trace file on Windows 2000 Server inside the database.
Should we find the latest trace file inside the database using dictionary views?
Is there view available in 9i and above for gathering the latest trace file information?

I have a table Trace (id, date, tracefile_text). We would like to read the latest trace file through forms version 6i and input the contents of this trace file into my table trace.
Is there procedure or routine available that perform the above task as well as to check the FOPEN Parameter is set for the dump directory in order to access operating system directories.

Thanks

Mitho
Re: How to gather the latest trace file info and insert into a table through forms? [message #177386 is a reply to message #177321] Wed, 14 June 2006 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
May i ask, why? Why do you want to do all these?
To answer your question,
>>I would like to have the latest trace file on Windows 2000 Server inside the database.
Use external table. Treat the external text file as an oracle table.
>>Should we find the latest trace file inside the database using dictionary views?
In your alert_sid.log

Re: How to gather the latest trace file info and insert into a table through forms? [message #177675 is a reply to message #177386] Fri, 16 June 2006 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mitho_lal
Hi Mahesh,

How should we automize this as I said?

thanks

Mitho
Re: How to gather the latest trace file info and insert into a table through forms? [message #177729 is a reply to message #177675] Fri, 16 June 2006 05:29 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I have no idea how to do it in using forms.
In pl/sql i would just use external tables or at most pain myself with utl_file.
http://www.dbazine.com/oracle/or-articles/still1
Previous Topic: Will view be part of the dump?
Next Topic: Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 00:11:42 CDT 2024