Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to write a SQLLDR File that ignores the trailing records
How to write a SQLLDR File that ignores the trailing records [message #175114] Wed, 31 May 2006 16:08 Go to next message
gs24x7
I have a SQLLDR file that is working for right now. But I need to add another line to the file that either ignores a specific kind of record or does not load the trailing records. Is there a way to put in some type of ignore statement so that it knows not to insert that row?

The last line will be something similar to this:

Quote:

20 rows selected.,NXX,BN1,,,,,YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here is the SQLLDR ctl file:

LOAD DATA (Skip 5)
INFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone.csv' 
BADFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone.bad'
DISCARDFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone.dsc'
INFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone_EBR_Date_I.csv' 
BADFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone_EBR_Date_I.bad'
DISCARDFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone_EBR_Date_I.dsc'
INFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone_New_Contacts_I.csv' 
BADFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone_New_Contacts_I.bad'
DISCARDFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_CCI_Phone_New_Contacts_I.dsc'
INFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone.csv' 
BADFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone.bad'
DISCARDFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone.dsc'
INFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone_EBR_Date_I.csv' 
BADFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone_EBR_Date_I.bad'
DISCARDFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone_EBR_Date_I.dsc'
INFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone_New_Contacts_I.csv' 
BADFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone_New_Contacts_I.bad'
DISCARDFILE '/siebgvsdas1.rccl.com/app/siebel/siebgvsd/logs/opt_out_from_ftp/Siebel_CVP_RCI_Phone_New_Contacts_I.dsc'

INTO TABLE "RCCL_OPT_OUT_TMP"
INSERT

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
TRAILING NULLCOLS

(CHAN_ADDR
   EBR_DATE
   BRA
   CHANN
   SRC_ID
   EBR_SOURCE
   EBR_TYPE
   CALLABLE_FLAG
   ROYAL_FLAG
   CELEBRITY_FLAG
   STATE_FLAG
   CANADA_DMA_TPS_FLAG
   USA_DMA_TPS_FLAG
   NATIONAL_FLAG
   EBR_EXPIRE_DATE DATE 'MM-DD-YYYY'
   DUPLICATE_NUMBER_FLA
   TIER_C_LONG_DISTANCE
   WIRELESS_FLAG
   WIRELESS_N_PORT
   NPA_NXX_FLAG
   BAD_NUMBER
)

This is how the file looks:
4132223017,05/02/2006,RCI,Phone,1-2RT1RW ,New_CVP_Contact,Inquiry,No,,,,,,,,,,WIR,WIR,,
9184233705,05/02/2006,RCI,Phone,1-2RT1UB ,New_CVP_Contact,Inquiry,No,,,SDNC,,,NDNC,07/31/2006,,,,,,
2259250948,05/02/2006,RCI,Phone,1-2RT1TJ ,New_CVP_Contact,Inquiry,YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
9098643601,05/03/2006,RCI,Phone,1-2RT5VX ,New_CVP_Contact,Inquiry,No,,,,,,NDNC,06/02/2006,,,,,,
20 rows selected.,NXX,BN1,,,,,YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,  THIS IS THE LINE THAT I DO NOT WANT TO LOAD 
Re: How to write a SQLLDR File that ignores the trailing records [message #175117 is a reply to message #175114] Wed, 31 May 2006 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Check whether this helps
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/27004/0/
Regards
Re: How to write a SQLLDR File that ignores the trailing records [message #175119 is a reply to message #175117] Wed, 31 May 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gs24x7
It sort of helps but I will never know exactly how many records I am expecting back. So I would not be able to use coding that counts the number of lines.
Re: How to write a SQLLDR File that ignores the trailing records [message #175124 is a reply to message #175119] Wed, 31 May 2006 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Not sure what you are looking here.
The script will read the datafile and ignores the last line.
Whatever the count of lines may be. So as long as your records are not having a line feed, that would work.
It is also said
>>or you need to have a special record as trailer record and use a when clause.
So if know the magic word that would appear in last line, you can use the WHEN clause.
Re: How to write a SQLLDR File that ignores the trailing records [message #175128 is a reply to message #175119] Wed, 31 May 2006 21:13 Go to previous message
ebrian
Mahesh provides a nice solution.

If his solution doesn't suffice, have you considered External tables?
Previous Topic: Where we need to use DIRECT = TRUE for direct path ?
Next Topic: DBScripter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 00:37:44 CDT 2024