Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » how to export my tables in database
how to export my tables in database [message #173989] Thu, 25 May 2006 08:18 Go to next message
pradeepitnal

hello friends
i have developed some 3 table in oracle 8i....namely book_details table, category table, book locations table. But how to copy them in floppy disk or cd.. and carry them..... i meant if i want to copy those files in other sytem where i have oracle 8i running.... like how v copy text files in a floppy and copy it in other sytems how to do it for oracle8i files... how to export and import those files from one sytem to other hope i am clear with the question
Re: how to export my tables in database [message #173990 is a reply to message #173989] Thu, 25 May 2006 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>how to export and import those files from one sytem to other hope i am clear with the question
By using the EXP & IMP utilities as described in the Utilities Manual found at http://tahiti.oracle.com
Re: how to export my tables in database [message #174083 is a reply to message #173990] Thu, 25 May 2006 16:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Definitely, educate yourself. But, if you are going for a trip now, here's a first aid:

EXP username/its_password@database TABLES=(book_details, category, book_locations) FILE=books.dmp

IMP username2/its_password@database2 FILE=books.dmp

During import, you might need to include additional parameters (such as IGNORE=Y), but - how to do it and why - read in manual Anacedent suggested (search for EXP and IMP utilities).
Previous Topic: how to find the size of the given file in SQL*LOADER
Next Topic: ?expdp on 10gR2(10.2.0.1)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 01:21:30 CDT 2024