Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Oracle to Sqlbase Export
Oracle to Sqlbase Export [message #157677] Fri, 03 February 2006 15:30 Go to next message
dgerman
I am tasked with getting tables and data out of an Oracle DB and recreating them in Centura Sqlbase, and I have no idea how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave G.
Re: Oracle to Sqlbase Export [message #157763 is a reply to message #157677] Sun, 05 February 2006 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There are a few ways to extract data from Oracle, but - to be able to help you better - tell us how should input data set look like on Centura Sqlbase. Is it a CSV file, for example?
Re: Oracle to Sqlbase Export [message #157829 is a reply to message #157763] Mon, 06 February 2006 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgerman
Actually it should be in Sql form - with CREATE TABLE, INSERT statements along with the appropriate data. I don't need any constraints exported, keys etc, as this is going to be for a data compare between to comparable databases.

Thanks for the reply,

Dave G.
Re: Oracle to Sqlbase Export [message #157993 is a reply to message #157829] Tue, 07 February 2006 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There's a tool that some Oracle users use; it is called TOAD (trial version can be downloaded at the Quest site).

Select the table you want; on the right side of the Schema Browser is the "Script" tab - use it to get CREATE TABLE statement. Right click on the table name and select "Export data" - it will give you INSERT INTO statements.

This might work if the schema you want to get isn't too large (many tables, many records in them). I guess there must be another tool, even a script that someone clever wrote which will do the whole job for you, but I don't know of it.
icon14.gif  Re: Oracle to Sqlbase Export [message #157995 is a reply to message #157993] Tue, 07 February 2006 16:57 Go to previous message
dgerman
Littlefoot,

Vielen Dank for the Toad info. I'll give it a try in the next few weeks and let you know how it went.

Thanks again,

dave G.
Previous Topic: export to tape
Next Topic: Problem In login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 04:22:02 CDT 2024