Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » stop running query in sql*plus
icon8.gif  stop running query in sql*plus [message #152255] Wed, 21 December 2005 23:56 Go to next message
lnreddy
Hi can any body tell me how to stop a running query in oracle sql* plus
eg: i had given select * from tabale; where table contains huge data & i want to stop the query inbetween while running
Re: stop running query in sql*plus [message #152271 is a reply to message #152255] Thu, 22 December 2005 01:52 Go to previous message
rleishman
Usually Ctrl-C will do the trick, but it won't always work - especially if you are executing a PL/SQL block.

If the SQL*Plus session is running locally on the same computer as the Oracle database AND you connected without using the TNS identifier (ie. sqlplus uid/pwd, not sqlplus uid/pwd@db) AND you don't have the $TWO_TASK environment variable set, then Oracle MAY have started the dedicated server process for your SQL*Plus session in your name (otherwise, it starts under the Oracle account). If this is the case, you can kill the session manually; look up the server process ID in Oracle Enterprise Manager and kill it from the OS prompt.

Otherwise, bad luck. Get the DBA to kill it.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 05:25:22 CDT 2024