Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » sql*loader_partition_corruption
sql*loader_partition_corruption [message #146729] Sun, 13 November 2005 07:31 Go to next message
rkl1
Dear Friends:
Here is my problem and need all your help, suggestions and guidance.we got table which has been partitioned (range) in to 12 partitions.every night first sqlplus goes and truncate each partitions. and if that works out, then sql*loader is invoked and load data from an individual dat file to load to each partition separately.To make it clear: datfile_A is used to load the partition_A and datfile_B is used to load partitiion_B. There are individual sessions for these loadings and the sql*loader runs under append mode with direct and parallel options enabled.The database server is 9.2.0.6 running under unix platform.

Here the trouble comes. Once a while we see that after loading, it was not possible to select data from the partitions as it stays that partition is corrupt. However sql*loader logfile does not state any error while loading. You could see that table size (GB) is right taht what was expected. and if you like to create an index on this table, it would spit error message that: object does not exist, parallel sessions failure etc.

Thanks.
Re: sql*loader_partition_corruption [message #146745 is a reply to message #146729] Sun, 13 November 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
One of two things has happened (in my opinion)
1. There is some underlying corruption in the database that is not necessarily related to your load. Search the Server Administration forum for diagnosing corruptions. The key is: can you re-create the problem on another database?
Can you try it out on another database? If you cannot recreate the error elsewhere, try moving the table and all of its indexes to different tablespaces. If the corruption is in one of those tablespaces then you will no longer have the problem. If that does not help, it could still be a corruption in the data dictionary.

2. If you CAN recreate the problem in another database, you have discovered a BUG. You may not be the first to discover it, so look on Oracle Metalinks and see if anyone else got to it before you.
If not, you will need to package up an export of your database along with the command that introduces the corruption and create a TAR with Oracle.

Re: sql*loader_partition_corruption [message #146760 is a reply to message #146729] Sun, 13 November 2005 20:00 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
In a regular table, the direct load may sometimes leave the index in an 'unusable state'.
I have not checked the behaviour in a partitioned table.
Did you also check the status of corresponding indices?
Previous Topic: export of dmp file from oracle 8i to oracle 7.0
Next Topic: export problem on HP-UX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 05:28:44 CDT 2024