Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » IMP Problem
IMP Problem [message #139442] Wed, 28 September 2005 01:01 Go to next message
Maheshprajap
Hi
i have Export file created by EXPORT:V09.02.00 via direct path
and import to be done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set.

i am working in distributed database banking system and i want to centralize the whole branch database for report consolidation.

i have successfully imported one branch dump file in a user but the second time i try to import next branch dump file the import utility stop importing or have no effect after some 30 tables data have been imported. It seems to stop importing and stand as it is. And after long time error reporting end of file communication channel is invoked and oracle instance shutdown. i could not identify problem by scanning altert or background files.

So any body having solution or facing such problems or what may be the cause regarding this situation please help me post reply.
Re: IMP Problem [message #139445 is a reply to message #139442] Wed, 28 September 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

hi mahesh,

What are the set of errors that u got?

Use log file parameter during import this time (if not used earlier) and post the logged errors .

regards,
tarun
Re: IMP Problem [message #140188 is a reply to message #139445] Sun, 02 October 2005 02:05 Go to previous message
Maheshprajap
hi ,
i used log file parameter and scan the only error end of file communication channel is invoked and i searched for the error messages and trace files. The PMON trace file showed instance termination.

i got the job done indirect way by importing only tables needed for
report consolidation.

thanks for reply
Previous Topic: sql loader question
Next Topic: Oracle version (merged 3 threads)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 21:48:44 CDT 2024