Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » marrying 2 export.dmp files - help
icon11.gif  marrying 2 export.dmp files - help [message #138643] Thu, 22 September 2005 16:14 Go to next message
echomaster
I run small medical imaging lab.
My software vendor uses 8i as its main dbase engine.
I have 2 export.dmp files that need to be married together but my vendor (even tho I have a service contract) keeps delaying.

My first export.dmp (I called export A) contains:
>>> [ Day 1 (beginning of database) to Aug 29, 2005 ]

My second export.dmp (I called export B and is currently the dbase in use) contains:
>>> [ Day 1 to Aug 11, 2005 AND Aug 30, 2005 to Sept 21, 2005 ]

Question:

Can I import all of one export.dmp (export A) and then from file B just import selected data from Aug 30 to present ?

What might be the syntax of the IMP parameters to just import the data from file B 'on top of' all that I imported from file A ?

Or what other ways can I accomplish this ?
Re: marrying 2 export.dmp files - help [message #138769 is a reply to message #138643] Fri, 23 September 2005 08:36 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Is this a little confusion with how the incremental exports work?
It doesnt work actually.
Ideally with this, any record is changed, incremental export should pick only the changed record.
But actually , the inc.export will pick the whole table ( where one record was changed).

By default import will append data.
If your tables have primary keys, it may fail.
So create two schemas
>>Can I import all of one export.dmp (export A) and then from file B just import selected data from Aug 30 to present ?
That is the problem.
THere is no builtin feature to query the selected data only ( from aug 30 to present) from the dump file.

Try this ( NOt sure how this works)
Create two seperate schemas A and B.
import dumpfile_1 into A
import dumpfile_2 into B
Use sql methods to compare the data in schema A and schema B and pick your selected data.

Previous Topic: EXPORT ERROR!HELP!
Next Topic: Loading Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 22:14:36 CDT 2024