Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » ... Proccesing Exel File. Loading Data.....
... Proccesing Exel File. Loading Data..... [message #136085] Tue, 06 September 2005 01:03 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi..
I would like to ask a question , a problem whose solution i m unable to find.
Kindly i request you to plz try understand it .

I have a table named Teacher
and another table named Neighbour Teachers

Neighbour teachers are the teachers in school which have speciallity in same subject as that of parent teacher.

Suppose Teacher A has Chemistry as Main subj

there could be Teacher E, F, K , L ,Z
who have same speciality as that of A
so when we define Neighbours( CO-Linker)of A, it will contain the list of all
E,F, K L,Z

This data changes on day to day basis as any teacher from the neighbour list can be absent as well

Now this thing is captured in Excel Sheet and sent from all branches of school to the main Database center.

I have to process this information and insert the data in table
which will then be shown in Forms.

Is there any automated thing in oracle, by which whenver this file comes, we can be able to first bring the data in a particular format.

In Excel the Format is like

Teacher Nehihbours
A E,F,G,K,Z etc

while in DB tables it should be

Teacher Neighbour

A E
A F
A G
A K

etc..

the list is long i mean it contains 50 rows and it is difficulto to daily manipulate it manually

ANy automation,, so that after arranging the data then i could automatically insert it into oracle DB

well this is the requirement and the system is made by management so i cant change the process.
i had to follow the process of using excel file as they dont want ot link up everthing in oracle except for head office..

Kindly give some urgent replies..

Hope to have some good solution for that ..

BR
Re: ... Proccesing Exel File. Loading Data..... [message #136102 is a reply to message #136085] Tue, 06 September 2005 01:57 Go to previous message
tarundua

hi

Can we do it like this,

1. Convert the excel file into a CSV file manually.

2. Keep a SQL loader script ready to load CSV file and create a batch file to call SQL loader command.

3. Schedule the batch file using windows scheduler.

There might b any other solution also but this is the one that strikes my mind.

regards,
tarun

Previous Topic: cut loader logfile
Next Topic: Import to another user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 22:13:08 CDT 2024