Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Can any body help me out, Changing the value set of Descriptive Flex Field Segment.
Can any body help me out, Changing the value set of Descriptive Flex Field Segment. [message #122694] Wed, 08 June 2005 01:05 Go to next message
sambireddyn
Hi

I have a Descriptive Flex Field named "Invoice Transaction Felx Filed" . It is having 3 segments

First one is context segment .
when I select this context segment value as "Manual Debit Note"
It will ask for the remaining 2 segments.

Second one is Project Number ( Which take value form table )
Third one is ( present ) having values 'Yes' , 'No'

But now I want to change the values of third segment depending on the project number ( 2 nd segment ), If project having local company , third segment should only show 'Yes' in the list. other wise 'No' , more over as soon as I enter project number in the second segment, the values ( yes / no ) should automatically be populated.

Could any body help in this how to do . I can give more details.

Regards,
Sambi Reddy
sambireddyn@gmail.com
Re: Can any body help me out, Changing the value set of Descriptive Flex Field Segment. [message #122916 is a reply to message #122694] Thu, 09 June 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
I assume that you will have to do some query on the project in order to find whether it is one with a local company or not.

You can do what you want by making the third value set one with table validation and by referring back to the value in the previous flexfield in the where clause.

To get the value of another flexfield use the :$FLEX$.VALUE_SET_NAME syntax.

For more details you can either refer to the on-line window help in applications for the Validation Table Information window or to the "Oracle Applications Flexfields Guide".

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Can any body help me out, Changing the value set of Descriptive Flex Field Segment. [message #123032 is a reply to message #122916] Thu, 09 June 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
adragnes wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 04:37

To get the value of another flexfield use the :$FLEX$.VALUE_SET_NAME syntax.

This is an invaluable piece of information and you are bound to use it more than once. Thank you Adragnes.

Steve
Re: Can any body help me out, Changing the value set of Descriptive Flex Field Segment. [message #253822 is a reply to message #123032] Wed, 25 July 2007 00:08 Go to previous message
yanfuju_1979
Dear sir,

i have another question about using oracle Flex Field.

my question is give diferent value to One Flex Field according
to diferent Operation unit.

so i do like below
Default Type :SQL Statement
Default Value:
SELECT DECODE(:$PROFILES$.ORG_ID,120,'Q','A') FROM dual

when i go into oracle form check the result ,i found
when i first come into form the default value is right,
but when i save the record the Flex Field Default value is wrong 'A' not the 'Q'

Can you tell me why or show we what should i do to solve this issue ?

Best Regards
Jill yan
Previous Topic: Error Message..plz correct
Next Topic: pdf to post script (pdf2ps) problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 02:53:21 CDT 2024