Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Importing Problem
Importing Problem [message #116158] Mon, 18 April 2005 05:37 Go to next message
srix5
Hi All,

We have a small development database ( Oracle 8.1.7 under Linux ). We have exported and imported some tables from our production database to our development database. Among the five tables imported only one table is throwing OBJECT NOLONGER EXISTS error. DT is the table name which contains 30 Lakhs rows. We have truncated the previous data in it and imported (not dropped and imported).

But select count(*) from DT throws OBJECT NOLONGER EXISTS error. But desc DT is displaying the description and select count(*) from DT where rownum<265000 also works. Only sum,count,max are throwing the above error. And select count(*) from DT also throwing the same error.

System tablespace is wrongly assigned to this user as default tablespace. They just created a user, but didn't assigned any tablespace to him as default one ( i know this should not happen but in this case it happened ). Is this a cause for the above error...?

Also our rollback segment tablespace has got only a total size of 516MB. Should i increase it by adding some datafiles to the RBS tablespace....? Upto what size for 30lakhs records. Is this a cause for the above error...?

Some times some other error also we are receiving. INVALID ROWID is the error thrown after the second time of importing done. How to get rid out of this...?

Thanks in advance.

- Sridhar Krishnan.
Re: Importing Problem [message #116166 is a reply to message #116158] Mon, 18 April 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>We have truncated the previous data in it and imported (not dropped and imported).

Why not drop and recreate!.
In most cases, this Indicates a block level corruption.
( and how check if the count of rows in dual table is more than one).

Else,
In source database try to create a new table from DT.

sqL> create table new_DT as select * from DT;

Try exporting this new_DT and import in new database.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 07:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Importing Problem [message #116169 is a reply to message #116166] Mon, 18 April 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srix5
Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the reply.

DT is the name of the table and it is not DUAL TABLE.

If i increase the rollback segment tablespace size by adding datafiles to it, can i get rid out of this error...?

There is no block level corruption.

On second import it is throwing INVALID ROWID error.

- Sridhar Krishnan.

Re: Importing Problem [message #116180 is a reply to message #116169] Mon, 18 April 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> DT is the name of the table and it is not DUAL TABLE.

Yes i know that.

>> If i increase the rollback segment tablespace size by adding datafiles to it, can i get rid out of this error...?

Has nothing to do with the error.

>> There is no block level corruption.
What makes you to say this?

Re: Importing Problem [message #116182 is a reply to message #116180] Mon, 18 April 2005 08:41 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
and also make sure you take the export with consistent=y
drop all the objects in targetDB.
do import
Previous Topic: SQL Loader, data load with Date and blank date column error
Next Topic: Evaluating PL/SQL Functions in sql loader control file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 06:34:34 CDT 2024