Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Importing dmp file from client machine
Importing dmp file from client machine [message #113594] Mon, 04 April 2005 15:40 Go to next message
Eric03
I'm trying to import a dmp file from a client machine to my Oracle 8i server. I have created the user, table, gave permissions of Create Session, IMP_FULL_DATABASE, JAVASYSPRIV, JAVAUSERPRIV. I made a script to run with SQL Plus. Here is my script:
host imp cyril1/que945@orcl file=C:\Downloads\CYRIL_04012005.dmp ignore=n full=y log=my.log;

I am running Windows XP on both machines. I have brought the imp.exe and the associated dlls from my server over to my client. Running the script in SQL Plus gives me no error or any indication of what is going on. Running imp from my command prompt gives me Message 0 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=IMP. So i tried setting my Oracle_Home variable = \\'servername'. Then it gave me a Message 100 instead of Message 0.

Any help I could get on this situation would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to Oracle and trying to learn as much as I can so I can start my certification.
Thanks
Re: Importing dmp file from client machine [message #113595 is a reply to message #113594] Mon, 04 April 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you not mentioned your OS.
>> I have brought the imp.exe and the associated dlls from my server over to my client
By this we assume it an windows machine.
copying the exe files and DLL's may not always help.
PROPERLY install the client and during installation check the option that will install the utilities.

>>No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=IMP
usually indicates, that the enviorment is NOT properly set.
make sure the exe's are in path.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2010 12:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Importing dmp file from client machine [message #114670 is a reply to message #113595] Mon, 04 April 2005 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric03
I have Windows XP on both machines(server and client). I have Oracle Forms 6i installed on my client machine. Will this interact properly with an Oracle 8i server? I looked at my Oracle Forms 6i cd and I already have the Tools Utilities installed on my client. I could find nothing else in the descriptions that had to deal with SQL or importing/exporting.
Re: Importing dmp file from client machine [message #114761 is a reply to message #113594] Tue, 05 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous message
Eric03
I figured out the problem. I was using Oracle Forms 6i to try and import into an Oracle 8i database. Once I installed the Oracle 8i Client on my client machine I was able to import my dmp file with no problem. Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: Migration Oracle 8i to 9.2.0.5 using exp/ imp (diff. machines)
Next Topic: Loading packed decimal data into date column?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 05:44:57 CDT 2024