Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » GL Journal Drill down - Using Discoverer (Oracle Applications 11.5.10.2)
GL Journal Drill down - Using Discoverer [message #320552] Thu, 15 May 2008 08:18 Go to next message
shasikkumar
Hi,

We have a requirement of doing a GL Journal Drilldown to the Sub-ledger transaction using discoverer.

The problem is from the Journal Line to get to the final transaction details - I cannot get all the details from the gl_import_references so I will have to link to the xla based views for each product.

But since this drill down is going to be generic from the GL point of view.

How do I perform this in discoverer as in discoverer we cannot have dynamic data source where in the view name changes based on the sub-ledger

Any idea on this would really be great!

Thanks.
Shasi

Re: GL Journal Drill down - Using Discoverer [message #321242 is a reply to message #320552] Mon, 19 May 2008 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Do you mean you have a Discoverer workbook showing GL journal lines and you want to drill down to the underlying transactions?

I believe it should be possible to create the drill link dynamically, pointing to different other workbooks (or sheets) depending on the starting point (ie the type of journal line clicked).

Haven't done that before, but it would be worth a try.
Re: GL Journal Drill down - Using Discoverer [message #321245 is a reply to message #321242] Mon, 19 May 2008 09:23 Go to previous message
shasikkumar
In my case, I will not have the worksheets for different SLA products involved in the journal lines before hand.

However, I have acheived the dynamic data source using the Table function based view in the discovere and having the parameters passed via Database session contexts.

This seems more reliable in my case.

Thanks for the reply

Regards,
Shasik
Previous Topic: Need some document for Oracle Application 10.7
Next Topic: rep-0069 Supplier Report error (R12)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:17:37 CDT 2024