Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Inventory - material description
Oracle Inventory - material description [message #316542] Fri, 25 April 2008 10:51 Go to next message
eleboeuf
I am very new to Oracle Inventory and would like to know if it possible to enter parametric descriptions of the materials, for example for a Ball-Valve:

Class= Valve
Type= Ball
--- Characteristics
Design Rating= 1500LB
Port= Recuced
Temp Rating = 100LB @100 DEG F
Connection= Flanged
etc ....

I would like if possible to use paramateric description instead/in addition of free text descriptions. Is this possible?
Do you know in which table(s) this information is held?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers. Eric
Re: Oracle Inventory - material description [message #317103 is a reply to message #316542] Tue, 29 April 2008 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akil0576
Oracle Inventory Provides three flexfields structure 1 each for System Items , Category and Catalog . What is your exact requirement.
Re: Oracle Inventory - material description [message #317659 is a reply to message #317103] Fri, 02 May 2008 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eleboeuf
akil0576 wrote on Tue, 29 April 2008 16:28
Oracle Inventory Provides three flexfields structure 1 each for System Items , Category and Catalog . What is your exact requirement.

I had a look at the "Item Catalog" struxure and I think that I can do it in this ways:

MTL_SYSTEM_ITEM_B
INVENTORY_ITEM_ID=98765
ITEM_CATALOG_GROUP_ID=123

MTL_ITEM_CATALOG_GROUPS_B
DESCRIPTION= VALVE:BALL

Note:There does not seem to have the possibility to define categories (i.e VALVE) and Subcategories (i,e BALL), so I will have to concatenate the 2 fields to create a flat classification. In this case, I will have to create a category for VALVE:BALL, VALVE:BUTTERFLY, VALVE:GATE, because the charateristics for each type of VALVE has a different set of characterisitics.

MTL_DESCRIPTIVE_ELEMENTS
ELEMENT_NAME=DESIGN RATING
ELEMENT SEQUENCE=1

ELEMENT_NAME=PORT
ELEMENT SEQUENCE=2

MTL_DESCR_ELEMENT_VALUES
INVENTORY_ITEM_ID=98765
ELEMENT_NAME=DESIGN RATING
ELEMENT_VALUE=1500LB
ELEMENT SEQUENCE=1

INVENTORY_ITEM_ID=98765
ELEMENT_NAME=PORT
ELEMENT_VALUE=REDUCED
ELEMENT SEQUENCE=2

Do you think this will work?
Can anybody advise if there is any way to create categories and sub-categorie so a multi-level taxonomy can be implemented?

I welcome your ideas. Cheers. Eric

Re: Oracle Inventory - material description [message #321494 is a reply to message #316542] Tue, 20 May 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eleboeuf
Does anybody know if there is any way to implement a multi-level classification in Oracle Inventory, ie:

Category=VALVE
Sub-Category= BUTTERFLY

In which table would the sub-categories be stored?

Let me know if you can help. Regards.

Eric
Re: Oracle Inventory - material description [message #323403 is a reply to message #321494] Wed, 28 May 2008 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eleboeuf
Can anybody advise if it is possible to create a multi-level classification?

Let me know if you can help.

Cheers. Eric
Re: Oracle Inventory - material description [message #328886 is a reply to message #316542] Mon, 23 June 2008 04:29 Go to previous message
cjack
How about using Catalog to implement you requirement? It's difficult to use Item description to do you requirement. as catalog can define so many customized elements you required.
Previous Topic: PDF Report in Cyrillic Characters
Next Topic: update table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:32:16 CDT 2024