Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Purchase Order Hierarchy (EBS 11.5.7)
Purchase Order Hierarchy [message #315569] Mon, 21 April 2008 23:03 Go to next message
alson

hi, Expert,

Need your help on my problem again, I am not able to click on the 'Exists in Hierarchy ' check box , once i click, it will show error : "FRM-40200 : Field is protected against update.

attached herewith the po hierarchy screen and document type settings

May I know how to update it ?

thanks

regards
ng
Re: Purchase Order Hierarchy [message #316355 is a reply to message #315569] Thu, 24 April 2008 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kapoor.mohit
Hello ,
The checkbox named"Exists in Hierarchy" is used to see the positions actualy involved in the defined position heirarchy.
To use the above checkbox do the following.

1)Open the Position heirarchy form
2)query the position heirarchy in u want to see.
3)Place your cursor on the position field and then enter in query mode (F11)
4)Now check the checkbox named "Exists in hierachy"
5)Come out for the query mode(Contol +F11)
6)now u will see the Position which is at the lowest level.
7)Press the upward button to see the position above the lowest one.

I hope your question is clearly answered.

Wiht regards
Mohit Kapoor
Re: Purchase Order Hierarchy [message #316379 is a reply to message #315569] Thu, 24 April 2008 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, thanks for your reply,

I am sorry for not explain my problem clearly

I wanted to set 10.Library assistance to be reporting to 10.Associate Account Manager, the step that I hv tried :

1. Navigate to Position Screen
2. Call out 10.Library assistance and click reporting to
3. in the Hierarchy column, I choose Purchase order Hierarchy
4. When I trying to locate 10.Associate Account Manager, it is
not in the list
5. Thus, I navigate to position Hierarchy screen
6. In the Position Hierarchy screen, I called out Purchase Order
Hierarchy, and in Position , I called out 10.Associate
Account Manager, I suspect the reason why the 10.Associate
Account Manager was not appear in the Purchase Order
Hierarchy list is because 'Exists in Hierarchy' is not check,
7. So , I try to check the 'Exists in Hierarchy' check box , and
the system give me error as per my earlier post.

My question is :
Why 10.Associate Account Manager is not appear in the Purchase Order Hierarchy list (step 4), if it is due to step 7, how can I update 'Exists in Hierarchy' to check, and if it is not , what should I do so that 10.Liabrary Assistant next approval level is set to 10.Associate Account Manager.

thanks

regards
ng
Re: Purchase Order Hierarchy [message #316706 is a reply to message #316379] Sun, 27 April 2008 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alson

hi, all,

is there any solution to my problem ? I really need the solution Urgently, if still no reply, I will try on other forum,

thanks

regards
ng
Re: Purchase Order Hierarchy [message #316906 is a reply to message #316706] Mon, 28 April 2008 19:18 Go to previous message
alson

thanks for all your reply, we have managed to solved the problem. 'Exists in Hierarchy' not allow to manually check, it will automatically check once the position is in hierarchy, so , how to add a position to a hierarchy ? the only way is find the top approval in the position hierarchy, eg: Associat Account Manager next approval is Financial Controller (who is also not in hierarchy), and the Financial Controller is reporting to Executive Chairman (exist in hierarchy and is in the top hierarchy level).

Steps to add associate account Manager to the hierarchy :

1. Place the cursor in the position and find Executive Chairman,
2. Add Financial Controller into subordinate field, and press save,
3. Now Financial Controller is 'Exists in the Hierarchy'
4. Click down button on the right to add the subordinate for Fiancial Controller
5. this time add Associate Account Manager as the subordinate of the Financial Controller. and press Save.
6. The Associate Account Manager is now 'Exists in Hierarchy'
7. Repeat the step to add library assistant as subornate to Associate Account Manager.

thanks

regards
ng
Previous Topic: Add new OU to LE
Next Topic: Project Accounting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:53:47 CDT 2024