Re: C# 3.0 with pseudorelational extensions

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_novoa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2005 16:06:09 -0700

> IMO, the most impressive part of the presentation was at the very end,
> when the talked about database organization of the developers code.
> "Select all the buttons and change their shape" didn't we ranted about
> it here 5 years ago?

Well, I was not here 5 years ago (only 4) O:)

But I am not against that.

> Therefore, it's not really about the integration
> of SQL with procedural programming

It is not SQL. It has rather big differences. It seems even more messy than SQL to me.

But the main objective is to develop database applications faster and with less bugs, and it is infinitely better than ADO.NET for that.

> (how can you embed high abstraction
> language with the framework of low one?)

Easily. You can load an array using a relational query, and the changes in the array are automatically sent to the DBMS (under certain circumstances).

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Sun Sep 18 2005 - 01:06:09 CEST

Original text of this message