Re: DOS Oracle DBA authorization problem.

From: bs <shatzman_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 18:38:25 GMT

Karen Payten (karen_at_metz.une.edu.au) wrote:
: Hi there,

: I'm not sure that this is a solution, but its all I can think of.
: There should be a file called _$ORA$_ with attributes SH (System, Hidden)
: in your ORACLE_HOME directory. Maybe, this file cannot be 'squashed' as
: part of your disk doubler, it has to remain whole.

and... if this file IS trashed, just reinstall the RDBMS (just the software - no need to re-create your db). That'll prompt you for the DBA Authorization password, create a new _$ORA$_ file, and you should be on your way. About the squashing - i don't think Oracle supports using compressed disks, but i know people who are using them with no problems. But if nothing else works, i'd try seeing if it works on an uncompressed drive.

Barry Received on Thu May 12 1994 - 20:38:25 CEST

Original text of this message