Re: SQL*Loader 8 on NT - Does it work?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:56:45 GMT

[Quoted] "Henk Hultink" <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl> wrote in message news:3b31c420_at_news.wau.nl...
> Hi,
>
> We found that there seems to be a problem with SQL*Loader 7.3 on a
> Windows/2000 client. Is the solution to upgrade to SQL*Loader 8.x? Does
 this
> work on Win2000 clients?
> And does SQL*Loader 8 cooperate with an Oracle 7.3.4. database?
>
> --
> H. Hultink
> Software Engineer
> Stoas, Division IOAL
> Wageningen, The Netherlands
> "Activating Knowledge"
> http://www.stoas.nl
>
> e-mail: hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl

[Quoted] [Quoted] In case you didn't know: Oracle 7.3.4 has been desupported and it has never been certified against Win2k.
[Quoted] [Quoted] So if it works: lucky you. If it doesn't work: your out of options, as Oracle won't solve your problem.
Please upgrade before you get into serious trouble. I'm always a bit stumped consulting firms continue to use desupported software, IMO this is simply unprofessional, and it is one of the issues on [Quoted] [Quoted] which I have a difference of opinion with my management (I am a consultant myself).

[Quoted] Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:56:45 CEST

Original text of this message