Re: A very informative site for ALL

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:25:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:09:52 PM UTC-6, Charles Hooper wrote:
> On Monday, August 12, 2013 8:29:55 AM UTC-4, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 01:57:59 -0700, Muhammad Nadeem wrote:
>

> > > Dear members,
>

> > > here very informative site for Oracle DBA's and Developers.
>

> > > http://ArticlesICopiedFromTheNet.com
>

> > I checked the site, with prejudice, and turns out that I was right. This
>

> > site is a sort of inane tutorials, it doesn't even deserve the title like
>

> > "SQL for dummies". In other words, this message is a pure and
>

> > unadulterated spam.
>

> It appears that the owner of that site is quite proficient at copy and paste, and the owner of that site might want to read about DMCA. A few sources of the site's articles:
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/server.121/e17209/intro.htm
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/server.121/e17209/intro001.htm
>
> introduction-to-oracle-sql-2
>

> http://www.orafaq.com/faq/what_are_the_difference_between_ddl_dml_and_dcl_commands
>
> sql-commands
>

> http://www.techonthenet.com/sql/delete.php
>
> sql-delete-statement
>

> http://www.techonthenet.com/sql/joins.php
>
> sql-joins
>

> http://www.techonthenet.com/sql/insert.php
>
> sql-insert-statement
>

> Google searches certainly find a lot of sites with exactly the same phrases as those phrases found on the http://ArticlesICopiedFromTheNet.com site. I am having a bit of difficulty understanding the purpose of that site or its content.
>

> Charles Hooper

"If it's on the internet it MUST be true."

Apparently he or she is operating under that mistaken idea so anything that comes along that looks like Oracle gets copied. This is how bad information and mis-information gets propagated.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Aug 14 2013 - 17:25:19 CEST

Original text of this message