Re: How to vew SQL queries received from external application

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:29:09 -0800 (PST)

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:32:19 PM UTC-5, Yaq wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to Oracle and working a solution that having Oracle talks to an external application. The external application sends some sql queries to Oracle db. I don't own this external application, so I need to find out what exact sql queries are sent. Can anyone tell me how to view these queries please? Many thanks in advance.

What about just running SQL trace on the session for a while to capture the queries?

This is not a permanent solution but if you just want to see what the session is doing this should be an option. Also the session cannot access any objects not granted to the Oracle username in use for the session. I mention this because you do not say why you need to do this: tuning, security concern, etc...

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Mar 07 2013 - 18:29:09 CET

Original text of this message