Re: Sorry, but...

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:37:38 +0000

Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless they are a provider of db services, there is simply NO NEED
> whatsoever for "8000 targets with 2000 databases". And if they are,
> then 9.5M is way too low for that kind of work at that dimension.

Essentially, Cerner is a provider of db services. They provide software for the Health Care industry, and I wouldn't be at all suprised if they had that number of hosted customers (though other options are available and some of the databases will be test databases for individual customers). Think of each of those databases as a complete hospital including all patient records, both administrative and clinical.

But you are right that 9.5 million is not really very significant. I am inclined to think that the savings are on other admin and monitoring products rather than on Oracle.

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry