Re: Do we need multiple REDOLOG member if it is already on SAN box?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 29, 2:33 pm, charles <dshprope..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I have a question.  I have a Oracle 10.2.0.3 database, everything is
> on SAN storage ( Raid 10). When i am asking for another LUN for 2nd
> redolog members, he told me we have already mirrored for u at the san
> level.  So he thinks it is not necessary to have two members of
> redolog in each group.
>
> Could somebody share some idea with me?
>
> Thanks

This is not exactly a new type question. Various people will have different answers here.

On most of my dev/test databases ... no I don't use it multiple members in a redolog group usually.

Production databases I will go case by case. Highly critical systems sure why not.

Have I ever lost a redolog group or just one member of a group? Not so far ... Received on Fri Apr 29 2011 - 14:01:43 CDT

Original text of this message