Oracle mod_plsql - parameter entry methods

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:00:16 +0100

Hi this relates to all versions of OHS - though we are currently using the version that comes with 10gR2 on the companion CD.

Say we have a pl/sql proc:

create or replace procedure myproc (p_param1 in varchar2 default null) is
begin
  if p_param1 is null then
    htp.p('hello world');
  else
    htp.p(p_param1);
  end if;
end;
/

And I want to invoke it from a browser:

http://myserver.mydomain.com/dad_name/myproc?p_param1=goodbye

In the above URL we are specifying the parameter names to the plsql procedure explicitly.

I have a vague recollection of an alternative URL composition which would mean that the parameter names need not be specified - but the recollection is indeed so vague and now I don't know if I imagined it or maybe was thinking of a different language.

Has anyone got a clue what I am asking for?

--
jeremy