Re: Problems with a plan

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_no.address.invalid>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 23:58:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:53:36 +0100, Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> It looks to me as if there's an error somewhere in the statistics.

The problem was with the statistics. Funny thing, I even pointed to the right direction. One of the two tables in that query is clustered. For some reasons, the database statistics collection job didn't gather the stats for the cluster, just for the member tables. I ran the following:

"analyze cluster TAG_CLU estimate statistics sample 5 percent for table for all indexed columns size 254"

and everything fell in its right place. I'll check whether there are any bugs with the statistics collection and clusters, when using DBMS_STATS, but even if there are, setting up a job which will do that separately shouldn't be a big deal.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com