Re: Incompetent Oracle Support

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

Serge:

# In clear text: I was stating that accepting a competitor's API as an industry standard is akin of learning another language. Adding an API
(language) to ones skill set increases ones applicability in the
market and does not imply a technical (or cultural) defeat as was alleged.

Makes sense to me. So DB2 is going to ( or has already ? ) fully support PLSQL? Wow I had no idea anything like that was going on.

It's been a long time since I jumped ship off the IBM mainframe world
( IMS and DB2 ) over to Oracle and never looked back. Both of the
products were solid and worked well.

It seems to me that any additional competition in the database marketplace would be good for everyone! Received on Fri Jul 30 2010 - 10:16:54 CDT

Original text of this message