Re: Another annoying delay

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:21:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 06:45:16 -0700, Charles Hooper wrote:

> I just checked my order on Amazon - it is showing an expected ship date
> of July 19, 2010. The "Look Inside" feature on Amazon is working for
> the book, with some of the test cases showing Oracle 11g R2, so I assume
> that the book is finished.

I will not pre-order books, as a matter of principle. I have bad experience with Amazon. I pre-ordered another book and was waiting for 2 weeks after the book has been released. In my opinion, pre-ordering the book means that I should have it the very same day as it hits the stores. In that particular case, I was so annoyed that I called the Amazon, made a help desk person cry and escalated it to a manager. The manager told me that the book is being shipped and that I will have it as soon as all the shipments to book stores are completed. I will not pre-order a book ever again.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com