Can RMAN backup to two different directories while using one channel?

From: DG problem <skatefree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

HP-UX 11.11, 9.2.0.8, no ASM, 2TB database

Is it possible for RMAN to backup to two different directories while using only one parallel channel, ie to use the following setting for two different directories?

CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 1; The reason I need to do this is because our database is bigger than 2Tb yet the HP-UX file system only allows mountpoints under 2TB to be created. So, a backup of the database will not fit into one directory. I can allocate two channels manually using two different directories, but the directories are on the same physical disks and thus I was wondering if one channel would be faster than two channels on the same disks? Received on Mon Jul 12 2010 - 23:21:33 CDT

Original text of this message