Re: OCCI connect vs. sqlplus

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 26, 10:51 pm, Shane <gshanemil..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> This works great:
>
> $ sqlplus smiller/mill_at_oradev
>
> But connecting to the same db from the same box with this OCCI C++:
>
>     std::string user("smiller");
>     std::string pswd("mill");
>     std::string db("oradev");
>     Environment *env = Environment::createEnvironment();
>     Connection *conn = env->createConnection(user,pswd,db);
>
> gives
>
>    ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>
> what stupid thing am I missing?

I have no idea, but try uppercase. If the OCCI is passing along quoting, Oracle won't change it to uppercase, which it does for most unquoted situations like your sqlplus login. Can't remember for the "oradev" part, but also may need the bloomberg.com part (though I think not since it is getting past that for the ora-1017, but one never knows what's been played with and you may simply be getting somewhere different that resolves).

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Yay Greg!  http://www.dbms2.com/2009/04/30/ebays-two-enormous-data-warehouses/